|Job Location||New York, NY, USA|
|Position Type||Full time position|
|Other Required Skills||Shell scripting.|
|Other Nice to Have Skills|
|Minimum Immigration Status||US Citizen|
|Job Starting Date||March 6, 2015|
|Wage/Salary||Annual: 97 K per year to 125 K per year|
Summary of Positions (pls indicate if shift hours are required)
As a member of the global Repo/Funding technology team, you will gain exposure to critical business functions at Goldman Sachs including firm financing, trading and sales, and collateral management. You will gain knowledge of fixed income, equities, and loans instruments. Because of the group's unique position in the organization, you will have a broad view across multiple areas of the Firm, and your business users include Traders, Salespeople, Operations, Finance Control, and Corporate Treasury.
The Repo/Funding technology team will provide you with the opportunity to gain exposure in different types of technology and many aspects of the business. You will be required to communicate with the business and be responsible for supporting and maintaining various business critical systems.
We're looking for a high performing consultant in the NY Repo technology group who will face business users and support existing applications (multi-tier, with C, C++, Java and RDBMS technologies) required for various funding flows:
· Support and Maintenance: Maintain high level of support for existing applications to address the needs of the trading and sales desks, corporate treasury, funding controllers and operations.
· Small Enhancements: Work as an integral part of a global development team to design, develop, test and rollout enhancements to streamline production support and address system issues.
· Demonstrates initiative and ownership of the applications and suggest ways to permanently resolve issues and improve current processes.
· Interact and form a partnership with business users to maintain high quality customer service.
Experience / Skills / Systems Requirements
· Experience in customer facing roles in production support capacity.
· Between 3-6 years of application development experience with strong technical skills in the following areas:
C, C++ and/or Java programming Knowledge, Unix including shell scripting .
· Strong knowledge of relational database and SQL, Sybase is a plus, to investigate data issues.
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
· Strong team player as the successful candidate will be required to work effectively in a global team.
· Highly motivated, must demonstrate initiative and ownership
· Experience and knowledge in the financial industry including repo trading & sales or funding preferred but not required.
If you already have your itjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If do not have an itjobs password, click the button below will let you fill one out and submit it to the job.