|Job Location||Atlanta, GA, USA|
|Position Type||Full time position|
|Other Required Skills|
|Other Nice to Have Skills|
|Minimum Immigration Status||US Citizen|
|Job Starting Date||March 7, 2014|
|Wage/Salary||Annual: 115 K per year to 139 K per year|
· Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge in SQL Server/Oracle internals and best practices for database architecture and physical data modeling.
· Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge of SQL Server/Oracle client issues in desktop applications, transaction processor applications, and web-based applications.
· Develop and maintain expert-level knowledge in database design and coding, including debugging, profiling and problem solving.
· Work with Business Analysts, or personnel providing Business Analysis services, to develop logical data models and service level agreements for capacity, performance and reliability requirements for new and existing applications.
· Assist the business in deciding which database platform for a given application
· Work with the development team to transition applications from one platform to another when called for by the business
· Work with Software Developers to design database interfaces for new and existing applications. Provide mock implementations during development as needed.
· Design, implement, function test and load test packages, stored procedures, triggers and other database objects to support new and existing applications.
· Provide support to the Software Developers during the design, implementation, and testing of their applications regarding all database features.
· Develop, enforce and maintain appropriate database change control procedures for the database objects.
· Exercise appropriate control and oversight of all data to keep all taxpayer, employee and financial data secure and secret.
· Develop and maintain a high proficiency in written and verbal communication skills.
· Work independently and as a team-player, as required for the project at hand.
· Strive to achieve a high productivity rate, along with a low defect rate for all projects.
· Mentor Software Developers and other Database Team members on all of the above practices.
· Stay abreast of industry best practices and new methods and technologies, and constantly update our own practices to take advantage of these new methods and technologies.
If you already have your itjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If do not have an itjobs password, click the button below will let you fill one out and submit it to the job.