|Automated Test Developer|
|Job Location||Atlanta, GA, USA|
|Position Type||Full time position|
|Job Length||Not Specified|
|Other Required Skills||
• At least five years of Java/J2EE experience
• Demonstrated significant real-world project-related experience
• Demonstrated significant real world project related experience
with Unix shell scripting
• At least three years of testing experience in an Agile
CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION environment
• Familiar with Story acceptance testing, automated regression
testing, integration testing, simulators, JUnit
• Experience with automated testing as a PRIMARY responsibility
• At least two years experience building monitoring for
distributed systems that perform critical business or operational
functions, preferably in a real- or near-real time environment
(dashboards, alarms, etc.)
• Expert in testing methodologies and technologies and the theory
of software testing
• Experience with one or more of: SNMP, JMX, Nagios is a plus
|Other Nice to Have Skills||
• BS in Computer Science or related field required; MS in Computer
Science or related field preferred
|Minimum Immigration Status||Permanent Resident (Green Card)|
|Job Starting Date||October 22, 2016|
The Automated Test Developer designs and implements story acceptance tests, system regression tests, and system health, configuration and monitoring tests in Java, Python and Unix shell scripts that exercise the code built by the rest of the Media Asset Management development team. This team builds and maintains mission-critical video production systems.
Qualified candidates will have previous experience writing automated "white box" tests for medium- to large-scale, “mission critical” production systems that directly support essential business or technical functions. Practical experience in the key disciplines of test automation and the agile software development regimen is required.
The Automated Test Developer loves to break things in ways no one else thought of. For example, let's say you sit down with a developer who tells you that he creates folder names for reports based on a text field that the user enters, and he implemented this by shelling out" to the OS (BASH). The first thought you have is to create a project for this app on the developer's computer and name it "`rm *`". If you get the point to this story and are someone who thinks like this, we'd like to talk to you.
If you already have your itjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If do not have an itjobs password, click the button below will let you fill one out and submit it to the job.