|Job Location||Overland Park, KS, USA|
|Job Length||Six Month to One Year|
|Other Required Skills||
- With 6-10 years experience on Database Platforms DB2
- With 6-10 years experience on Database Platforms M2O4
- With 6-10 years experience on Technical JCL
- With 6-10 years experience on Technical Mainframe
- Experience with Platinum and Data Joiner desirable.
|Other Nice to Have Skills|
|Minimum Immigration Status||H1B Visa|
|Job Starting Date||July 22, 2016|
|Wage/Salary||Hourly: Depending On Experience|
- Develops, maintains and supports the YRCW database environment.
- Participates in projects relative to the design and implementation of physical database objects.
- Provides guidance to developers on their data access needs.
- Works with systems administration on hardware and operating system level requirements in support of the deployed database software.
- Proposes ways to improve the environment.
- Leads and participates in medium to large projects requiring analysis and design skills.
- Plans and coordinates the administration of computerized databases, including relational databases, to ensure accurate, appropriate, and effective use of data, including database definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, and operational guidelines.
- Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper usage of data in tables and various support tools, such as database dictionaries.
- Reviews database design and integration of systems, including client/servers, mainframes, etc., and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- May establish and maintain security and integrity controls.
- Provides appropriate consulting, interfacing, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- Prepares and/or reviews activity, progress, and performance reports.
Typical of the Senior Specialist demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the in all of the basic database management skills of data administration, web connectivity, physical structure, SQL and SQL applications, and overall architecture and database analysis.
- In addition applies detailed and specific knowledge of at least one of these areas.
- Plans and configures the physical database environment.
- Evaluates and recommends the purchase and utilization of technologies such as DMBS/s, servers, extract and conditioning tools, metadata management, security tools and archival and recovery tools and data access.
- Develops project plans for implementing data warehouses.
- Plans projects and oversees the tactical aspects of a data warehouse implementation and maintenance.
- Diagnoses, resolves and implements preventive measures to prevent problems for applications and system software.
- Designs data storage and management processes for specific data warehouse projects.
- Recommends and oversees implementation of system level configuration modifications to optimize performance.
- Ensures maintenance of physical integrity of all production databases.
If you already have your itjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If do not have an itjobs password, click the button below will let you fill one out and submit it to the job.