|BI Cognos Developer|
|Job Location||Portland, OR, USA|
|Position Type||Contract to hire|
|Job Length||Six Month to One Year|
|Other Required Skills||
- Strong understanding and ability in the Cognos BI technical stack, including: Framework manager,
Data Manager, Report Studio, PowerPlay Transformer, Metric Studio, Event Studio, Administration.
- Strong Oracle SQL / PL SQL understanding/knowledge
- Responsible for developing and maintaining Framework Manager models, applying proper security and
- Development capability with Cognos PowerPlay OLAP Dimensional Modeling techniques and best
- Development capability with Cognos TM1 OLAP cube Dimensional Modeling techniques and best
- Design and build Oracle tables, views, and complex SQL statements and PL/SQL packages for the
creation of materialized views.
- Familiarity with utilization of SQL Server as an ETL source, including understanding of views, SQL
and stored procedures.
- Familiarity with ETL workflows, dependencies and best practices.
- Proactively identify, build, and maintain relationships with business process owners and colleagues
- Demonstrate solid ability to understand, analyze, and solve problems
- Understand the mechanics of project administration, project timelines, budgets, issue
tracking/resolution, and status reporting
- Produce quality deliverables on time and within budget
- Problem solving skills and demonstrate strong working knowledge of using Cognos Support site and
- Strong influencing skills and ability to interact with business functions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills, with ability to express technical knowledge, procedures and processes in
clear, orderly and easily understood presentation.
- Results driven
- Superior PC skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products and add-in BI tools from Cognos.
|Other Nice to Have Skills||
- BS or BA in computer science, business, or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge and aptitude with Cognos 8 BI Suite (Query
Studio, Report Studio, PowerPlay Transformer, Metrics Studio,
Event Studio, Data Manager, Framework Manager, administration).
Knowledge and aptitude with Cognos TM1 OLAP and TM1 client tools.
- 3+ years of experience in Oracle development technologies such
SQL Plus, and 10g.
- Strong general SQL knowledge for utilization in query
optimization and tuning in a BI environment
- Oracle Internet Directory and LDAP technologies
- Source control and version control for change management
- Extensive application support experience
|Minimum Immigration Status||H1B Visa|
|Job Starting Date||September 10, 2014|
|Wage/Salary||Hourly: Depending On Experience|
The ideal candidate will combine strong Cognos development background, PL/SQL knowledge, and data warehouse architecture understanding with strong technical skills. The role will work closely with fellow BI team members to both support our Cognos BI system on an Oracle 10G database, delivering an end product that optimally to supports business needs.
This individual will be responsible for development of ETL and implementation. This is specifically to support Cognos KU-Care reporting efforts, the Marketing Data Mart and Family Builder (SFDC) integration to the data warehouse.
If you already have your itjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If do not have an itjobs password, click the button below will let you fill one out and submit it to the job.