|SENIOR AUTOMATION ENGINEER|
|Job Location||Boston, MA, USA|
|Job Length||Six Month to One Year|
|Other Required Skills||
- Competencies in and solid experience with Quick Test
Professional, Quality Center, and Business Process Testing.
LoadRunner experience a plus.
- Experience with Component Based Test Design (CBTD) practices.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Active participant on one or more simultaneous projects –
ability to multi-task.
- Proven experience of involvement in Agile and Waterfall
Software Development Life Cycles.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with all
members of small to large project teams.
- Experience in testing web or client/server applications
utilizing the following technologies: Java, .Net, Windows
Presentation Foundation (WPF), and Silverlight. Web services
testing a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial services industry experience a plus, but not
- Programming/Scripting experience with C, VBScript, VB, .Net,
|Other Nice to Have Skills||
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information
|Minimum Immigration Status||H1B Visa|
|Job Starting Date||July 10, 2015|
|Wage/Salary||Hourly: Depending On Experience|
The newly formed Test Automation Center of Excellence is part of the operations readiness, risk, and assurance organization. The Senior Automation Engineer will be a part of the Test Automation Center of Excellence providing automation services/solutions for our Business Unit customers. This individual will be responsible for collaborating with the manual testers, development teams, and business analysts to design, create, and execute automated tests to help ensure that new applications and enhancements to existing applications continue to conform to documented requirements. These responsibilities will include:
Leading new test automation development initiatives as well as maintain/enhance existing automated test suites.
Leading automation function/component design & review sessions.
Contributing to overall project Test Strategy documents, by providing details on automation requirements and approach.
Designing and implementing automated solutions using a Component Based Framework and follow organizational best practices and standards for automation.
Maintain status of assigned project responsibilities and report status to project manager.
Troubleshoot test environment issues with various Development and Support teams.
This job requires good interpersonal skills, a team player attitude, attention to detail, and willingness to take ownership of assigned projects. The candidate should be able to work under minimal supervision on complex problems independently as well as within a team environment. The candidate must be able to consistently make good priority decisions to meet project deliverables in a timely fashion. It is expected that the individual filling this role will be able to document, maintain, and monitor software problem reports via Quality Center, and actively communicate status to the project team.
The Automation Engineer will be expected to participate in technical design and review processes for given projects to provide input and direction on ways to optimize test tool interaction with the applications. It is imperative that the individual filling this role have strong communication skills and a commitment to building and strengthening partnerships with the development teams to ensure highly effective automation solutions can be built.
The Automation Engineer will be expected to collaborate with his/her peers as well as the Automation Architects to ensure best practices and standards are being adhered to within each project. An element of this will involve proactive regular contributions to the automation FIMT community via an online collaboration website. The individual filling this role will also be expected to participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities in processes, standards, and procedures in the automation space.
The ideal candidate are responsible to the following duties:
- Ensures quality standards are met and adhered to
- Provide accurate scope definition and estimation for automation work on projects
- Participate in and drive automation code/peer reviews
- Develop and maintain functional automation test scripts
- Troubleshoot test tool compatibility issues
- Provide guidance and mentoring of junior team members
- Actively participate in project discussions
- Execute automated test suites via Quality Center
- Produce test execution reports and publish to project teams
If you already have your itjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If do not have an itjobs password, click the button below will let you fill one out and submit it to the job.