|EMC Systems Administrator|
|Job Location||Jacksonville, FL, USA|
|Job Length||Three to Six Month|
|Other Required Skills||
• Strong working knowledge of EMC Ionix monitoring suite (i.e.,
SMARTS, VOIP, SAM, SCM, NCM, SIA, ADM, Notif, NPM, ITPR)
• Knowledge of EMC partner products (i.e., Hyperic, Integrien
• Working knowledge of mid-tier server operating systems (i.e.,
Windows, Linux, Unix)
• Ability to debug complex issues with hardware and software
• Ability to correlate alerts and events into single point of
• Microsoft Office skills
• Knowledge of system networking
• Knowledge of hardware and ability to perform hardware
• Written and oral communication skills
• Ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams
• Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases
• SQL Server
• System Administrator Expert
• EMC partner products (i.e., Hyperic, Integrien Alive)
• Oracle databases
|Other Nice to Have Skills||
• Associates or higher degree from an accredited institution
• 5 or more years of Systems Administration experience required
in a large 24x7 production Mid-tier environment
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or
Information Systems/Technology and 7 or more years of Systems
Administration experience required in a large 24x7 production
|Minimum Immigration Status||H1B Visa|
|Job Starting Date||April 28, 2015|
|Wage/Salary||Hourly: Depending On Experience|
- Provides systems administration, support, and management of the monitoring platform for a large scale enterprise Mid-tier environment.
- Implement and maintain the Egan Marino Computing (EMC) monitoring product suite - Ionix.
- Utilize the Ionix monitoring suite to establish and maintain the monitoring of all key Mid-tier components.
The ideal candidate are responsible to:
• Install, configure, customize, maintain, and support the Mid-tier monitoring environment and associated software or server hardware.
• Establish, maintain, and document monitoring standards, procedures, and configurations. Conduct routine monitoring audits. Maintain production change control schedule and participate in change controls. Implement enhancements to improve the monitoring system reliability and performance.
• Troubleshoot issues and provide resolutions. Debug complex system, application, and user issues. Dissect complex issues/repairs and direct unsolved issues to be resolved. Advise users on system usage.
• Support 24x7 on-call rotation and disaster recovery. Coordinate, schedule, and install various monitoring software packages. Assign personnel to various projects, direct activities, and evaluate work performance.
• Monitor and maintain continuity with monitoring systems software licensing and maintenance agreements. Evaluate vendor proposals for new agreements. Provide hardware and systems software recommendations for planning and budgeting. Ensure alignment with long term monitoring strategy and systems operation, administration, and overall information systems planning related requirements.
• Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
If you already have your itjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If do not have an itjobs password, click the button below will let you fill one out and submit it to the job.