|Android Framework Developer|
|Job Location||Bridgewater, NJ, USA|
|Job Length||Three to Six Month|
|Other Required Skills||
1. Fluent in Java programming --- especially in a mobile or
embedded environment. Expertise with object---oriented design and
development mandatory; knowledge of common Java “design patterns”
2. Expertise with Android APIs --- especially in the common
frameworks and libraries. Must have developed one or two non---
trivial Android middleware libraries or APIs.
3. Knowledge of Android frameworks --- such as messaging,
networking, web services --- strongly desired.
4. Candidates with demonstrable expertise in such middleware
APIs will be given preference.
5. Expertise in fundamentals of computer science --- data
structures, algorithms, multi---threaded programming, networking
concepts is mandatory. Candidates unable to test in these areas
will be rejected.
6. Self---starter --- with ability to independently acquire the
knowledge required to succeed in their job.
7. Minimally Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required;
MS CS preferred.
|Other Nice to Have Skills|
|Minimum Immigration Status||H1B Visa|
|Job Starting Date||April 28, 2015|
|Wage/Salary||Hourly: Depending On Experience|
The Android Framework Developer will primarily be involved in the design, implementation of one or more Android middleware frameworks (“libraries”). Other application developers (in---house or external) will use these frameworks to develop interesting Android applications. These frameworks make use of one or more hardware, software or other device specific capabilities to expose a simplified API to application developers.
Example frameworks include (but not limited to) --- Email, Instant Messaging, GPS, Single sign---on, social networking, etc. Almost all such frameworks developed by the engineer will have a “network dimension” to it -- - i.e., involve communication with one or more servers in the Internet.
The framework developer will work closely with application developers to ensure that the frameworks/libraries they create are robust and complete. In addition, they will work closely with one or more QA teams (local or remote) to identify, debug and fix production issues. The developer is expected to work hard during production/launch time frames to ensure that handset launches are not delayed.
The ideal candidate are responsible to perform the following duties:
1. Design, implement and test one or more Android “middleware” frameworks. These frameworks could be pure Java or a combination of Java and C/C++ “system libraries” (with JNI).
2. Work closely with QA teams to identify and fix any and all bugs that are reported.
3. Travel to customer or partner sites to facilitate smooth exchange of information, joint development or integration activities (approximately 3---4 times a year --- and each trip lasting about 2 weeks).
4. Travel to Korea when needed for design, implementation or integration activities with hardware and firmware teams (approximately 3---4 times a year --- each trip lasting about 2 weeks).
If you already have your itjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If do not have an itjobs password, click the button below will let you fill one out and submit it to the job.