|Citrix Server Administrator|
|Job Location||Detroit, MI, USA|
|Job Length||Six Month to One Year|
|Other Required Skills||
- Prior experience in administering, building, designing, and
maintaining Citrix environments a must.
- Knowledge or experience with the following environments are
required: Citrix XenServer, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix
Presentation Server/Xenapp, Access Gateway/Secure
Gateway/NetScaler, Citrix Provisioning Services, and Citrix
|Other Nice to Have Skills||
- Prior experience with VMware ESX/ESXi/Server/Workstation a
- Prior experience with Microsoft Active Directory a plus.
- Prior experience with Microsoft MOM/SCOM a plus.
- Prior experience with Microsoft SMS/SCCM/WSUS a plus.
- Prior experience with Symantec NetBackup a plus.
- Knowledge of SAN/NAS disk storage for NetApp and EMC storage
systems a plus.
- Prior experience in VB, PowerShell, and XML scripting a plus.
- Certifications in one of the following areas are helpful:
Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA), Citrix Certified Advanced
Administrator (CCAA), or Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer
(CCEE) but not required.
|Minimum Immigration Status||H1B Visa|
|Job Starting Date||December 20, 2014|
|Wage/Salary||Hourly: Depending On Experience|
The Citrix Server Administrator position will be responsible for day-to-day support of the Citrix Microsoft Windows servers and Citrix farms. Be able to support Citrix end users on a 3rd level support basis. Install and configure Citrix XenApp and applications. General Citrix Administration tasks (migrations, new implementations, etc) are expected with this role. Patch management on the Citrix servers will be required.
This is not an entry level IT position. Prior Citrix/Microsoft server administration experience is required.
The position will also require occasional weekend work as part of a formal change control process and occasional after hours work to respond to any issues when required. An oncall rotation is also expected from this position.
The ideal candidate must have and must be the following:
- Must be assertive, confident and comfortable taking the lead by establishing command and control when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal; ability to communicate across all levels with various customers).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous work streams simultaneously.
- Must have great attention to detail while operating with urgency, focus and discipline.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required (troubleshooting or other problem/incident management experience).
- Maintains awareness and expertise relative to evolving technologies and techniques.
- Must have the ability to work independently; strong thought leadership and motivation.
If you already have your itjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If do not have an itjobs password, click the button below will let you fill one out and submit it to the job.