Linux Systems Administrator
|Job Location||New York, NY, USA|
|Job Length||Three to Six Month|
|Other Required Skills||
- 6-8 years hands on experience with Linux (Redhat, SUSE Linux,
- Familiarity with open source tools, monitoring systems,
hardware troubleshoot, tracking, resolution, and routine
maintenance with security updates
- Thorough understanding and troubleshoot PERL and Shell scripts
- Understanding of SDLCs, and version control using CVS/Git or
- Experience with cloud computing services (For example EC2, a
- Packaging experience using RPM.
- EMC/3Par knowledge a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of kick start (cobbler a plus)
- Dark datacenter administration experience at a co-location
facility a plus
- Possess great people skills (must be able to interact with
other technical groups), and must be able to work independently
|Other Nice to Have Skills|
|Minimum Immigration Status||H1B Visa|
|Job Starting Date||December 4, 2017|
|Wage/Salary||Hourly: Depending On Experience|
The Linux System Administrator manages, maintains, and updates systems to facilitate the storage, computing, and communication of information based on the company Service Level requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and trouble-shooting Linux systems.
- Perform installations/patching of operating system, software installation, and system backups - data recovery.
- Configure DNS, Mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP), and FTP etc. services.
- Respond to Systems alerts and participate in an on-call rotation.
If you already have your ITjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If you forgot your ITjobs Password, request it here:
If do not have an ITjobs password, click the button below to fill out a resume and submit it to the job.
We Appreciate your Comments!