Cognos Business Intelligence
|Job Location||Washington, DC, USA|
|Job Length||Six Month to One Year|
|Other Required Skills||
- Healthcare, Cognos 8.4 or greater, SDK, UNIX AIX 5.3, DB2, and
Unix Shell Scripting
* Installation, configuration, and administration of tools
* Management and maintenance of tools’ software releases
* Metadata development
* Supervise, guide, direct, and mentor junior team members
including managing a team of individuals
* Creates and maintains data delivery standards to ensure
consistent information delivery methods across projects.
* Highly motivated, goal driven, customer-focused with a high
* Strong work ethic
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical skills and an ability to handle multiple
* Ability to Multi-task
* Ability to Work under Deadlines
* Demonstrated Ability to Provide Excellent Customer Service
* Must have Strong SQL and UNIX experience
* Support Care Coordination Portal (CCP)
* Back-up support for Market Research and other projects
* Conducting analysis to facilitate improvements in operational
* Develop, write and test queries using SQL
* Perform analysis of systems and business information of
complex, multi-function, multi-system or cross-organizational
* Support development teams on data-related tasks
* Ensure that the business data / metadata requirements are
identified and adequately communicated to team members and
support on all ongoing initiatives.
* Understanding of healthcare data, code set standards, industry
classifications (ICD9, CPT, CMS-HCPCS codes).
* Knowledge of ETL design and implementation using standard
industry tools and best practices
* Strong data analysis and medical informatics skills
* Understanding of metadata creation, acquisition, integration,
load, storage and delivery strategies
|Other Nice to Have Skills|
|Minimum Immigration Status||Permanent Resident (Green Card)|
|Job Starting Date||August 2, 2017|
|Wage/Salary||Hourly: Depending On Experience|
This person provides a key role in meeting user expectations of the data warehouse. This person determines the most appropriate mechanism for delivering standardized reporting (e.g., ad hoc reporting, decision support systems, OLAP, executive dashboards, scorecards) in an attempt to limit duplication of effort. The BI Architect ensures that business rules are applied consistently across the different user interfaces to limit the possibility of inconsistent results
Our client recently rolled out several Cognos Applications and are looking to hire a Cognos Architect to finish building out the helpdesk process to support these applications. The job would include providing end user support for these applications plus development of new reports. The other duties of the job will be performing Cognos support activities such as to provide maintenance and support of the Cognos Application including updating Frame Work Manager when new data elements are added or changes are made to the data elements. They would also be responsible for the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of Multiple Cognos environments (Development, Test, and Production).
Knowledge of Cognos 8.4 or greater, SDK, UNIX AIX 5.3, DB2, and Unix Shell Scripting desired. This individual is also expected to have experience working with OLAP/Reporting/Query tools with multiple RDBMS environments on multiple platforms. Persons in this role will support BI (OLAP/Reporting/Query) processes and tools, which may include commercial off-the-shelf BI products.
If you already have your ITjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If you forgot your ITjobs Password, request it here:
If do not have an ITjobs password, click the button below to fill out a resume and submit it to the job.
We Appreciate your Comments!