Performance Test Engineer
|Job Location||Los Angeles, CA, USA|
|Job Length||Six Month to One Year|
|Other Required Skills|
|Other Nice to Have Skills|
|Minimum Immigration Status||H1B Visa|
|Job Starting Date||September 23, 2018|
|Wage/Salary||Hourly: Depending On Experience|
The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing testing techniques, plans, and performance testing scripts to sufficiently test the performance of new and existing applications by working with information technology personnel and business users and utilizing appropriate quality assurance tools and techniques. They will be responsible for providing detailed reports which can provide assistance in making future decision paths for software applications.
In addition to the essential duties described below, the associate will perform duties as requested by management.
Ensure the successful completion of assigned work.
Prepare activity and progress reports for software quality assurance activities and provide status reports to information technology management as required or apparent.
- Understand issues that may arise around automated testing and troubleshoot/triage issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate using Quality Center or similar tools
- Have knowledge and experience of using Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Have a good understanding of the SDLC process and the QA lifecycle and methodology
- Have an understanding of HP testing tools, specifically HP Loadrunner, and how to apply different techniques to different projects
- Gather business volumetrics and assemble workload and transaction information for performance testing, and analyze load testing results providing basic recommendations and outcomes of the test
- Understand and navigate the LoadRunner Controller interface to choose and setup scenarios for use in load testing.
- Ability to design and execute performance test plan to characterize system capacity, performance, availability, resilience, and longevity of a highly scalable server system
- Ability to design, develop and maintain the performance test scenarios that meet the objectives identified in the performance test plans
- Assist with the identification, creation and maintenance of performance test data required to drive workloads
- Lead the execution phase of the performance test suites
- Develop and document manual and scripted test cases
- Have experience with client-server, GUI, security, web, and mobile technologies.
- Have strong experience in creating manual test plans
- Have experience performance testing web services – experience with RESTful services is advantageous
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to present and communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate with developers to create a technically sound solution
- Ability to work across the IT organization to ensure networking, servers, etc can support the solution
- Ability to work to deadlines in an organised manner
- Perform test design reviews and incorporate stakeholder feedback
- Provide accurate estimates for test design and execution of tests
- Perform peer reviews of test plans and analysis documents for fellow test engineers
- Provide mentorship to Test Engineer Levels I & II
- Ability to undertake medium-large level projects
- Perform software upgrades with minimal supervision to stay up to date with latest versions/patches
If you already have your ITjobs password, enter it below and your resume will be automatically forwarded to this job.
If you forgot your ITjobs Password, request it here:
If do not have an ITjobs password, click the button below to fill out a resume and submit it to the job.
We Appreciate your Comments!